UPCOMING EVENTS CALENDAR for 2018
We are very pleased to present “Sparkle in Spring” Fashion Show, April 26th at The Gramercy at Lakeside Manor. Doors open at 6pm. Fashions by Castle Couture of Manalapan. Make your reservations early for this exciting evening. Reservation will include an elaborate cocktail hour, delicious dinner, beautiful fashions for the young and the young at heart and fabulous raffles!
- February 4th Go Red Sunday – Ribbons for Women Heart Health Month
- February 15th Dinner Meeting
- February 25th Fasolatha Order Pick up
- March 15th General Meeting- prep for “Sparkle in Spring” Fashion Show – not at Church Hall -contact Kimisis Philotochos for details
- April 1st Palm Sunday Luncheon – Community Center
- April 8th Pascha
- April 19th General Meeting/final prep for Fashion Show
- April 26th “Sparkle in Spring” – Fashion Show Come one, come all. The Gramercy at Lakeside Manor, Hazlet
- May 13th Mother’s Day
- June 21st End of Year Dinner
I hope this letter finds you in good health and in good spirits. The Kimisis Tis Theotokou Ladies Philoptochos Society had its monthly meeting last night and discussed the upcoming events. We want to let you know how dynamic we can be with more help from our parish ladies so that we can serve our community better. Yes, we have fundraisers for our national and local charities, but our outreach work can only be strengthened by the inclusion of more active members, such as yourself! Please help by contributing to one task.
For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
We want to be in the food banks, and soup kitchens and at the bedside of the ill, infirmed and homebound, but honestly, sixteen women cannot be expected to do everything. If every woman from our parish chose one committee, we could help so many more.
Make check payable to
Kimisis Ladies Philoptochos Society
Mail to: Kimisis Tis Theotokou – PHILOPTOCHOS; 20 Hillcrest Road; Holmdel, NJ 07733
Thank you for your love of philanthropia, love for your church and for your sisterhood.
2nd Vice President of Membership
Kimisis Tis Theotokou Greek Orthodox Church – Holmdel
Home phone – 732-796-1006
Mobile phone – 732-735-6126
Dear Sisters and Friends of Philoptochos,
Our chapter has started a speaker program at our general meetings. They are meant to be informative, relevant to current issues and at times just fun!
With Love and Respect,
For more information on The Ladies Philoptochos Society, visit www.goarch.org
The Greek Orthodox Ladies Philoptochos Society, Inc., is the duly accredited women’s philanthropic society of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America. The mission of the Society shall be:
- To aid the poor, the destitute, the hungry, the aged, the sick, the unemployed, the orphaned, the imprisoned, the widowed, the handicapped, the victims of disasters, to undertake the burial of impoverished persons and to offer assistance to anyone who may need the help of the Church through fund raising efforts; and
- To promote the charitable, benevolent, and philanthropic purposes of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America, through instructional programs, presentations, lectures, seminars and other educational resources;
- To preserve and perpetuate Orthodox Christian concepts and the Orthodox Christian Family, and through them, to promote the Greek Orthodox Faith and traditions, in accordance with its doctrines, canons, discipline, divine worship, usages and customs;
- To promote participation in the activities of the Greek Orthodox community, with the cooperation of the Parish Priest and the Parish Council.
The charitable work of the Society shall be performed with discretion, courtesy and kindness.
Executive Board 2018-2020
The Ladies Philoptochos Society/BAHA Chapter 1088 – Kimisis Tis Theotokou Greek Orthodox Church
Spiritual Advisor: Reverend Economos Panagiotis Lekkas, Rector
President – Mary Loizou
First Vice President – Dina Mellas
Second Vice President – Cheryl Bontales*
Treasurer – Harriet Callis
Recording Secretary – Joyce Coccaro
Advisor to the Board – Aphrodite Bucco*
Trustees – Stephanie Countouroudas
– Joanna Kotsis
– Lucy Milonas*
* = Past President
No one is too young or too old to be a part of this special group of women – “The Ladies Philoptochos Society”. Philoptochos is an army of women whose collective drive, dedication, and heart help those who need it most. Philoptochos is YOU! We are always looking for and welcome new skills, experiences, ideas, and personalities. Be a part of a philanthropic movement. Join today and make new friends, share experiences, knowledge, and laughter. We meet on the third Thursday of every month at 7:30 PM.
Standing from left to right; Joanna Kotsis, Kimber Gregorakis, Martha Parlamis, Anna Alexiou, Paraskevi Argyrou, Vice President – Mary Loizou, Stephanie Countouroudas, Voula Perdikaris, Andrea Protentis, Chryssie Sannino, Marianthi Koukoumis, Lynn Rexines and Maryanne Peters.
If you are not yet a member of Philoptochos, please come join us at our next meeting to see what we are all about. Hopefully you will like what we are doing and will want to become a member. Either way, we will be pleased with your presence.
For 25 years, Marie Angelus Devino lovingly served as Kimisis’s Choir Director. Marie also served in recent years as Corresponding Secretary of the Ladies Philoptochos Society. Marie was a founder of our beloved Kimisis Tis Theotokou Greek Orthodox Church here in Holmdel, NJ.. Sadly, Marie fell asleep in the Lord on March 6, 2016. May her memory be eternal.